Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Busy Week

This past week was a busy and full week.  We celebrated two birthdays.  Mark turned 7 and Rachel turned 10.  A seven-year old and a ten-year old!  Life does go so quickly!!  Both Rach and Mark bring me so much joy. 

Mark is always easy-going and always, always quick to comfort me.  If I am having a hard day and getting frustrated, he comes over and tells me (really, I mean almost always!), "Mom, I love you!" And then he rubs my back or gives me a hug.  He is a sweet, kind-hearted, witty boy.  Mark, I love you to the moon and back!!!!

Rachel is my mama hen, always "gathering" the children and playing with them.  She is very, very creative in how she entertains the kids but also in writing and drawing.  She is quite happy with our puppy and will often be found playing with him, riding her scooter or a bike (thanks Jonathan!) or reading a book about horses.  Rach, I love you to the moon and back!!!!

Our week was filled with birthdays but also friends (thank you Hannah and Lindsay for coming to visit us... we LOVE you!), school, Bible Quiz practice, a trip to the Earnests to see their chickens hatching, and an unexpected trip to the ER.  Rachel had a fever and some signs of an appendicitis.  She had blood work done, a CT scan and two attempts at an IV.  It was a rather traumatic night but I was proud of Rachel and so, so thankful that the tests came back negative!

I also started reading a book called "One Thousand Gifts."  I really believe that the Lord led me to this book (and at the perfect time!)  Isn't that how He works?  I suppose I like the book so much because I can relate to the author... she has six children, lives on a farm (does a puppy count as living on a farm?  I think so!!), and shares her experience of seeking the Lord day-by-day, moment-by-moment.  Giving thanks in all situations... ALL situations.  The book (the Lord) has touched my heart. I long to learn and give thanks in all situations, walking with the Lord, seeking Him.  But, how I fail!  Like when the puppy broke a dish, or when the kids were fighting, or when I felt like I was being taken for granted... I guess when I am honest I didn't give much (any) thanks during these situations but yet I will try again.  I am thankful for the Lord's grace to try again.

Our (my!) week was busy and yet, FULL.  Thank you, Lord, for birthdays, new books, broken dishes, puppies, children, my husband, family and for grace.  Thank you.  Thank you.




1 comment:

Hannah said...

I'm so glad you're posting on your blog again! It's so encouraging to hear how you are seeking God!

Hannah